How is HIV infection transmitted?
Not a concern
You seem to be more anxious than you should be.
Every healthy person would have self defense and that is extremely good in fighting 90% of the germs or microbes. Doctors believe this works for all except for severely immune-compromised like HIV pts, people on certain high dose medications.
So you got to believe in your defense and move on.
Second most microbes that live on the skin and hands are not virulent to cause a disease. Even a person with average working immunity would be able to fight it better.
Third, this can be a lesson to avoid shaking hands with strangers instead greet with a smile. If you have to use hands wash hands before you use them with your mouth.
Hope this is helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How does the hiv infection spread
- Stye in eye and hiv infection
- Can hiv infection be transmitted through breast milk
- Reddening of lips in hiv infection
- Initial symptoms of hiv infection
- How common are swollen tonsils in hiv infection
- How to rule out hiv infection
- How is hiv infection transmitted
- How to confirm hiv infection
- Frottage hiv infection