How is Duoluton used for PCOS?

Question
Hi I m XXXXXXX
On the 23rd of July 2014(12th day of my period) I diagnosed with pcos so for irregular periods doctor suggested me to take duoluton L tablet for 12 days. I missed to take tablet on 24th july 2014. So it is a problem and please tell when can I take that tablet. Is it cause a problem for me in future checkup because I m planning for a baby.
Posted Fri, 15 Aug 2014 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No problem.

Detailed Answer:

Since you have irregular periods due to PCOS(Poly cystic ovarian syndrome) doctor advised Duoluton((levonorgestrel + ethinylestradiol) which regularize your menstrual cycle.

As you have mentioned you missed one dose on 24th july, you need not worry. You can take two pills today(25th july 2014) and Continue medication as per your regular dosing schedule.

You do not worry missing one pill will not cause any problem.
Please take pills certainly and Do NOT skip the pill in future.

Hope I have answered your query .
If you have any query I will be happy to help you.
Thank you.