How important is DHA as a nutrient for children?
very important for brain and iq
Thanks for writing to us.
Dha is very important for children.
It is vital for brain development in children.
Dha is highly present in animal fat like fish, eggs, meats.
Certain vegetarian food like soya sunflower peanuts and green leafy vegetables also contain dha but is less quantities.
Children need 100mg dha per day.
This can be achieved with animal foods. For pure vegetarians dha supplements like health drinks will be beneficial.
Wishing your child good health.
known for wrong reasons
I have heard about that product.
It is similar to amway ( multi level marketing).
One of the expensive drinks but lately been associated with liver injury in many countries.
I wouldn't advice that product.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....