How else can high BP be managed while flying abroad apart from taking beta blockers?
I would recommend as follows:
Your actual blood pressure values are above the normal ranges, especially diastolic blood pressure values.
Coming to this point, I would recommend adding other drugs to your current therapy in order to have a better management of blood pressure values.
You should know that betablocker have a low anti-hypertensive effect. Their main effect is on the heart rate.
In this regard, I would recommend adding an ACEI (lisinopril, ramipril) or ARB (telmisartan, valsartan, etc.) to your current therapy in order to have a better management of your blood pressure values.
I would also recommend reducing salt and caffeine intake in your diet.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?