How effective is the Nexplanon implant in preventing pregnancy?
It is fully effective and safe after 7 days. No need to worry.
Thanks for writing to us.
Nexplanon is a long-acting reversible contraception and most effective form of contraception. Failure rate is around 0.05%.
It is usually inserted on D1 or D4/ D5, depending on her period bleeding and you need 7 days back up before you are going to involve in unprotected sex.
It is fully effective after 7 days and after that, her chance of pregnancy will be extremely RARE.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Good luck.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
It is best birth control method.
Thanks for follow up query.
Yes, it is best form of birth control method as it has failure rate around 0.05% (very much low).
Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion.
All the best and good luck.
Dr S Patra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pregnancy symptoms on nexplanon
- Nexplanon implant bumpy
- Nexplanon implant side effects
- Is pregnancy possible even after having nexplanon implant
- Pregnancy test accuracy with nexplanon implant
- Nexplanon pregnancy rate
- Nexplanon and pregnancy
- Got the nexplanon implant had brown discharge chances of pregnancy
- Signs of pregnancy on nexplanon
- Can being on the nexplanon implant effect a pregnancy result