How effective is postpone 72 if taken 12 hours after unprotected sex?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i had unprotected sex 24 hrs before.cann i have 'postpone 72' contraceptive pill?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 19 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Most probably, you have fibroadenoma in breast, as you have told it is not cancer.

So, you can take this postpone 72 immediately. Because, its efficacy depends on the time period between the unprotected sex and the time of taking these pills.

So, try to take it immediately.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 9 hours later
Thanks for your quick response.I had taken the tablet.Also could you please tell me about this 'fibroadenoma'.My doctors told it is not cancer in breast.They also told we will see if the lump size increases.But i am afraid if it will become cancer.Because My grandmother had breast cancer.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 11 hours later

Thank you for following up.

Look, fibroadenoma is a benign breast disease. Here the coonective tissue component of breast proliferates. But, here no malignant changes are seen. Even, the rate of malignant transformation of fibroadenoma is very low.

But you have a family history of breast carcinoma.

So, you have to be cautious. Keep following up with your doctor regularly. If this fibroadenoma disappears, then also, you need a checkup every year.

You should learn about the self breast examination from your doctor. By this, you can examine your breasts regularly. This is a very good method.

Hope, you have your answers.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Das Arindam 4 hours later
Thanks Doctor..Will surely check it regularly.
Out of all this discussion I wanted to bring up this question as it is bothering me now.
My boyfriend has told that sucking hard my nipples tastes bitter in his mouth.Not sure about liquid discharge.But tastes real bitter everytime.Is it related to what you have mentioned earlier ?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 13 hours later

Thank you for following up.

Look, in these benign breast diseases some nipple discharge may be present. But, right now, for this discharge you do not have to worry.

Just keep following up with your treating doctor.

Regards.