How effective is cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety?
Thanks for the concern and follow up and sorry for the late reply,
I actually contacted my previous psychiatrist and was prescribed a new line of medication with the medicinal components like you the ones you recommended (memantine...)...For 10 days now , I am taking several drugs including: Lamictal (Lamotrigine 100mg)-Ebixa 10mg(Memantine hydrochloride)and Cipralex 20mh(escitalopram)....I still do not feel "relaxed" or "relieved"...not sure how much more in life should be patient for until there is improvement...I am trying recommended behavioral therapies like : ignoring,,breathing exercises..etc.
Still not working much for me...
I still have hope..
add anti anxiety medicines with behavior therpay
Thanks for follow up.
We should wait for at least 4 weeks to check for the memantine response.
It is good that you are trying for behavior therapies. I recommend CBT by a specialist with your full dedications. Adding anti anxiety medicines like clonazepam, lorazepam or etizolam in day time to relive anxiety and try behavior therapy will be good alternative. Discuss with your psychiatrist about the same. I am working on to provide online CBT when it will be finalized I will let you know. Just give me your email address.
Do not lose the hope at all. You are young and you can be treated. Just keep the efforts continue with your medicines, behavior therapy and doctor's support.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cognitive behavior therapy exercises
- Cognitive behavioral therapy forms
- Cognitive behavior therapy for grief
- Cognitive behavioral therapy and depression
- Cognitive behavioral therapy anxiety disorder
- Cognitive behavioral therapy anxiety
- Cognitive behavioral therapy and anorexia
- Anxiety fear of being killed conversion disorder cognitive behavior therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy tiruchirapalli
- Cognitive behavioral therapy techniques