How effective is cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: Hello Dr. XXXXXXX
Thanks for the concern and follow up and sorry for the late reply,

I actually contacted my previous psychiatrist and was prescribed a new line of medication with the medicinal components like you the ones you recommended (memantine...)...For 10 days now , I am taking several drugs including: Lamictal (Lamotrigine 100mg)-Ebixa 10mg(Memantine hydrochloride)and Cipralex 20mh(escitalopram)....I still do not feel "relaxed" or "relieved"...not sure how much more in life should be patient for until there is improvement...I am trying recommended behavioral therapies like : ignoring,,breathing exercises..etc.
Still not working much for me...

I still have hope..
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
add anti anxiety medicines with behavior therpay

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up.

We should wait for at least 4 weeks to check for the memantine response.

It is good that you are trying for behavior therapies. I recommend CBT by a specialist with your full dedications. Adding anti anxiety medicines like clonazepam, lorazepam or etizolam in day time to relive anxiety and try behavior therapy will be good alternative. Discuss with your psychiatrist about the same. I am working on to provide online CBT when it will be finalized I will let you know. Just give me your email address.

Do not lose the hope at all. You are young and you can be treated. Just keep the efforts continue with your medicines, behavior therapy and doctor's support.