How effective is Postpone 72 in preventing pregnancy?
Protection after 48 hours is 60 to 80 percent
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. Taking postpone 72 within 72 hours from unprotected sex will protect you. However, since it is more than 48 hours from sex therefore the protection will be 60 to 80 percent.
2. This pill should be taken immediately after or within 6 hours of sex for maximum protection.
3. These pills contain high dose of hormone and should be taken once in 3 to 4 months when there is emergency. Side effects include irregular cycles, cysts in ovary, pain in abdomen and infertility. Most women have irregular periods for two cycles after taking the pill.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Usages of postpone 72
- Postpone 72 pill
- Postpone72 pill
- Side effects of postpone 72
- Reason for abnormal bleeding after taking postpone 72
- Postpone 72 pills review
- Sideeffects of postpone 72
- Is it safe to take postpone 72
- When to take postpone 72
- Taken postpone72 pill after unprotected sex late period pregnant