How effective if HPV vaccination after exposure?
HPV vaccine not indicated after exposure for prevention of warts/malignancy
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
Vaccines are two types.
1. Prophylactic vaccines
2. Therapeutic vaccines.
HPV vaccine is a prophylactic vaccine. It could be effective for prevention. That is HPV vaccine has to be given well ahead of starting sexual activities. Not advisable following exposure.
Two types of vaccines are available in market.
1. Bivalent---- Offers prtecion against two common strain which can be a cause for cervical malignancy.
2.Quadrivalent-- Offers protection against 4 strains and can be able to prevent Genital wart infection and also genital malignancy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How does hpv effect males
- Hpv vaccine men side effects
- Hpv vaccine risks
- Lichen planus after hpv vaccine
- What are the side effects of human papillomavirus (hpv) vaccine?
- Side effect of Hpv vaccine
- Smoking marijuana hpv vaccine
- Will smoking marijuana effect the hpv vaccine
- Cdc hpv vaccine men
- Hpv vaccine after infection