How effective are Remicade infusions?
Thank you for writing on health care magic
Well yes you are right in wondering about remicade..How long? Cause eventually it can only control the disease and not cure it. It is a very good drug for inducing remission but has lot of constraints on the financial aspect. I would suggest you some alternatives and have have a few query too..
1. How is the frequency of injection remicade. Like after how many months you take it
If your disease is better maybe you can prolong the frequency of it. We have patients who take it once in 6 months. First 3 doses we give as scheduled and then increase the frequency
2. Have you been tried with leflunomide ? You can discuss with your rheumatologist and consider adding that to methotrexate so the combination can take better control of your disease
3. We also use injection rituximab as an alternative since it is given once in only 6 to 8 months. It works equally good and decreases the day care admissions
Do let me know these queries. Would guide you to a way out
Hope the information was useful
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is sore throat a side effect of remicade?
- Is flushing of the face a side effect of remicade?
- Is cough a side effect of remicade?
- Is difficult or painful urination a side effect of remicade?
- Side effect of remicade
- Is tendon injury a side effect of remicade?
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of remicade?
- Is general feeling of tiredness or weakness a side effect of remicade?
- Is nausea a side effect of remicade?
- Is redness, soreness, or itching skin a side effect of remicade?
- Is there any alternate medication for prednisolone?
- What causes sweating,fatigue and grey colored stool when sufferimh from...
- Suggest treatment for damage to joints caused after stem cell transplant
- Suggest treatment for sjogrens syndrome
- What are the side effects of Saaz?
- What causes knee pain?
- What causes pain in arms,legs,neck with dizziness and fatigue?
- Suggest treatment for diabetic diarrhea
- Can vasculitis occur on foot and legs?
- What causes cellulitis, sinusitis and joint pain?