How effective are HIV1 RNA qualitative test?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hi Doctor we meet again. I got your email about a review, just submitted it. Thank you for helping me understand more about HIV and its symptoms.

I am not sure quite sure if you remember my situation, so I am quickly stating facts:
May 12,13 & 25: Vaginal(Protected) and Oral(Unprotected-Me giving them) sex with 4 different female prostitutes.
XXXXXXX 1: White mouth with dry throat
XXXXXXX 3: Full STD panel all negative
XXXXXXX 24: Lymph node swelling infront of the right side ear, Doctor gave a steroid shot

July 8: Lymph node swelling under right armpit, Doctor gave Loratadine for allergy and Fluconazole for mouth infection.

July 10: Did 2 tests - HIV1 RNA Qualitative test and -HIV AB/AG test; both negative.

Today the problem of my mouth still exists, I have been taking those medication, there is significant change since that only one tablet of Fluconazole, but me doctor said more than 1.
Q: Can you please tell me how effective are HIV1 RNA Qualitative and HIV AB/AG tests done on July 10?
Q: What is the difference in HIV1 and HIV2, are the symptoms for both, same?
Q: What test can rule out HIV2, what is the time frame for that test?
Q: I have been reading about HIV2 on the net, can you tell more about it, like how its contracted, what are the chances, what are the statistics on it?
Posted Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
HIV 2 is diagnosed by antibody detecting tests.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.

1. HIV 1 RNA test is highly reliable and very much conclusive by after 8 weeks. So HIV 1 is ruled out beyond any doubt. It is the commonest HIV infection(99%) throughout the world except certain parts of in XXXXXXX
2. HIV 1&2 have more are less the manifestations, but HIV 2 is less virulent than HIV 1 and have a less severe course with a lesser possibility of transmission to sex partners and mother to child transmission.
3. HIV 2 Antigen test are not available widely. It can be diagnosed with an antibody test after 12 weeks (window period) by any rapid or ELISA or Western Blot test.
4. HIV 2 also contracted mainly through sexual contact. The prevalence is less than 0.5% in places other than XXXXXXX
Dr S XXXXXXX