question-icon

How Does One Quit Smoking?

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: I want to quit smoking... What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Yes it is possible

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns about the ill effect of smoking.

If you ask me about quitting smoking, my answer is your motivation and determination, as it is the best medicine to heal your smoking problem. However if there are some withdrawal symptoms prescription medications can be used which include bupropion and verenicline. I must inform you that medicine have value only with withdrawal symptoms and craving associated with quitting smoking.

I hope this answers you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to ask any more questions , you can use the below mentioned link to contact me.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386

Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist