How does multifocal lens differ from monofocal IOL in terms of cost?

Excellent

Question
I am planning a cataract operation in my left eye. what will be the difference in the cost if I go for multi focal lens in place of mono focal IOL.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Difference in cost of lens is 20 k to 40k

Detailed Answer:

I am a practising ophthalmologist. If someone asks me to put a multifocal lens I would be delighted because of its usefulness and post operation results.

To answer your question the best multifocal would cost 50000/- . the best monofocal would cost 20000/-. So the difference would be 30k. The multi focals are available from 40k.