How does marijuana affect aortic valve disease?
Hello and thank you for your question. Unfortunately there is little evidence about the risk of marijuana usage in any form on the heart. We do know that marijuana may cause an increase in heart rate and blood pressure in some people. We do know that smoking anything can damage the lungs and small vessels in the lungs and this could put a strain on the heart. While we do not have a lot of research on the subject what we do know makes it advisable to not use any form of marijuana if you have any form of heart disease including valve disease.
Here's a link to WebMD with a bit of the information that we have between links between heart disease and marijuana.
I would suggest avoiding marijuna if at all possible.
Best regards to you,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Aortic valve disease causes
- Symptoms of aortic valve disease
- Treatment and cure for aortic valve disease
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease and second hand smoke
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease
- Diagnosis of aortic valve disease
- Drugs/medication for aortic valve disease
- Can you slow down aortic valve disease
- Insomnia aortic valve disease
- How does alcohol affect heart valve disease