How does HIV transmission take place?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 5 Mar 2018 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello I have asked you once question about HIV infective dose to transmit it
Im biologist and understand physiology – an basic things in medicine
I have done research and asked to lot of specialist and everybody say
No one experiment has done on humans – there has been experiment on monkeys only and no one knows accuracy of it, and in monkeys it can work different than I humans. As no one has found there real infective dose for humans
As it would be true as only one virion (2 RNA) could be 50 % infective dose than those who live with HIV patient, those who work could be infected ….as it would be true that you could transmit by casual contact, as some one in close contact is speaking a very small saliva particle hits your eye, and as it said in publication hiv could be in saliva – and not all saliva inhibition factors works against it there is still some infective particles. But we can see that in real world such these transmition does not occur. So in conclusion hiv is not easy transmitted, and only one hiv virion(2RNA) is not capable to transmit HIV infection
As I understand it is only theory that 2 – 5 TCID50 could transmit HIV as this experiment was done on chimpanzees.
Exposure of three chimpanzees to different doses of the virus indicated that the titer was between 2 and 5 TCID50.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/0000
And they say that hiv -1 could be better adapted to humans than for chimpanzees
Centring this estimate on 1.0 TCID50 reflects the assumption that HIV-1 is presently better adapted to human hosts than a strain of HIV-1 titrated through several chimpanzees is adapted to chimpanzees.
http://www.who.int/infection-prevention/publications/2009_Review-on-infective-dose-for-HIV-infection.pdf?ua=1
And only one virion (2 RNA) could be 50 % of infection dose

And others say infective dose is much more
has been postulated that only 100 viral particles might be required for infection
(http://www.rki.de).
https://www.google.lv/#q=Diploma+Thesis+DETERMINATION+OF+HCV+AND+HIV-1+RNA+IN+WHOLE+SALIVA+SPECIMENS+submitted+by+Jasmin+Wagner+Mat.+Nr.+0000
but buy blood transfusion risk is much bigger and dose is much less
Although for transfusion risk assessments, an infective dose
of HIV-1 is estimated to be 10 virions (or approximately 20
copies HIV RNA)
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding HIV viral load and infective dose

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have noted your concern.

HIV is commonly transmitted through either unprotected sexual contact, blood transfusion, sharing needles, intrauterine maternal to fetal placental transmission and through breast milk in neonates of HIV positive mothers. Viral load and hence infectivity of an HIV positive individual has an important part to play. Patients who are on antiretroviral treatment have a low infectivity on account of low circulating viral load and those with those with undectable viral load (<50copies/ml) are the least infectious however the exact infective dose of HIV has not been estimated in humans.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana