How does Amlodipine differ from Bisoprolol?
Bidoprolol Vs Amlodipine
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern
Both bisoprolol and amlodipine lower blood pressure. These medications act on different receptors to lower blood pressure.
Bisoprolol blocks the beta receptor and amlodipine blocks calcium channels in the blood vessels.
You can continue taking amlodipine and bisoprolol as prescribed. Avoid Lisinopril, as taking all three medications together can cause too much lowering of blood pressure and reoccurance of cough as side effect.
I recommend that you continue Amlodipine and bisoprolol. Keep monitoring your blood pressure. If blood pressure readings persistently are above 140/90 or 130/80 (if you are diabetic) while on amlodipine and bisoprolol, then follow up with your treating physician to add another antihyertensive to treatment regimen. Since you had cough on lisinopril, Losartan (which do not cause cough, but have similar to lidinopril) would be a good option.
Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Clinical trials of amlodipine bisoprolol
- Bisoprolol vs amlodipine
- Amlodipine combined with bisoprolol
- Amlodipine en bisoprolol
- The difference between amlodipine and bisoprolol
- Bisoprolol fumarate amlodipine
- Amlodipine, bisoprolol
- Is bisoprolol and amlodipine a good combination
- Bisoprolol amlodipine ramipril
- Is amlodipine and bisoprolol safe
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...