Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

How do you treat polypoid muscosal disease in the left maxillary sinus posteriorly?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2489 Questions
how do you treat moderate to marked polypoid muscosal disease in the left maxillary sinus posteriorly. in addition to mucoperiosteal thickening. There is anatomic narrowing of the sphenoethmoidal recesses biterally. There is pneumatization of the middle turbinates.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Since your age is 14, it is best to manage your sinus disease medically. Any surgery should be delayed for a year or two till the facial growth is complete.

2. Medical line of treatment for polypoidal mucosal disease and mucoperiosteal thickening will also include anti allergics, decongestants, mucolytics, steroid nasal sprays and regular steam inhalation. This should be taken under medical supervision.

3. Surgical treatment may not be required for limited disease at all. Pneumatization of the middle turbinates (concha bullosa) is fairy common and needs treatment only if there is nasal obstruction or there are unexplained 'ethmoidal' headaches. Do yu have any post nasal drip or any of the above symptoms? Is your sinusitis an incidental finding?

4. If you need an opinion on any limited surgical options, you may share the CT Scan images here.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor