How do you treat discolored nails in children?
Looks like infection
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have seen the attached picture.
From what I can make out, it could be a nail bed infection.
I usually prescribe antiseptic like Fusidic Acid for such patients in my clinic.
However I would suggest you to get him examined tomorrow morning by your Pediatrician and confirm this by proper clinical examination.
If there is any pus collected, your doctor may let it out.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat nail disorders onychophosis
- How to treat a damaged nail
- How to treat lichen planopilarisscalp and nails
- How to treat nail fungus
- How to cure discolored and dis trophy nails
- How to treat twenty nail dystrophy
- How to treat ingrown toe nail
- How to treat a toe nail injury
- How to treat a traumatised toe nail
- How to treat nail separation
- Constant crying baby,not sleeping,given gripe water.Suggestions ?
- Baby has frequent running nose, sneezing, fever. Prescribed with...
- Swelling of legs after a drive. Is this normal? Or is it related to...
- 23 days baby is having cold and cough, not able to sleep well. Giving...
- Baby started vomitting and loose motion. Losing weight. Stool test done....
- Baby has low weight, elevated liver enzymes. What does this mean? Usual...
- Will consuming omega 3 supplement affect a breast fed child?
- Child felt warm, given Calpol. Blood test suggested. Appreciate a second...
- Child tightens his hands and jaws, makes grunting sound. Is everything...
- Child getting fever, cough and cold frequently. Constant constipation....