question-icon

How do you treat a boil on your buttocks?

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Question: I am suffering from the Heat Bubbles on my buttocks frequently. Every 2 months I am getting an heat bubble due to which I am not able to sit. Please suggest me the medication for the same. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Prasad (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Antiinflammatory drugs...

Detailed Answer:

It is important to rule out infection and presence of collection / pus in the affected area. The gluteal region is prone for easy infection and abscess collection. A physical examination will help.

In the meanwhile, I will suggest you to try antiinflammatory measures such as :
1. Warm sitz bath - sitting in a hot water tub
2. Antiinflammatory pain medication like tab diclofenac twice a day
3. Application of local antiseptic agent like neosporin ointment.

It is also important to rule out cause of recurrent boils/lesions in this region. Discuss with your treating doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad