How do you treat a boil on your buttocks?

Question
I am suffering from the Heat Bubbles on my buttocks frequently. Every 2 months I am getting an heat bubble due to which I am not able to sit. Please suggest me the medication for the same. Thanks.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antiinflammatory drugs...

Detailed Answer:

It is important to rule out infection and presence of collection / pus in the affected area. The gluteal region is prone for easy infection and abscess collection. A physical examination will help.

In the meanwhile, I will suggest you to try antiinflammatory measures such as :
1. Warm sitz bath - sitting in a hot water tub
2. Antiinflammatory pain medication like tab diclofenac twice a day
3. Application of local antiseptic agent like neosporin ointment.

It is also important to rule out cause of recurrent boils/lesions in this region. Discuss with your treating doctor.