Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

How do you treat a boil on your buttocks?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2614 Questions
I am suffering from the Heat Bubbles on my buttocks frequently. Every 2 months I am getting an heat bubble due to which I am not able to sit. Please suggest me the medication for the same. Thanks.
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antiinflammatory drugs...

Detailed Answer:

It is important to rule out infection and presence of collection / pus in the affected area. The gluteal region is prone for easy infection and abscess collection. A physical examination will help.

In the meanwhile, I will suggest you to try antiinflammatory measures such as :
1. Warm sitz bath - sitting in a hot water tub
2. Antiinflammatory pain medication like tab diclofenac twice a day
3. Application of local antiseptic agent like neosporin ointment.

It is also important to rule out cause of recurrent boils/lesions in this region. Discuss with your treating doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor