How do you get rid of intermittent scrotum itch?
Possible diagnosis: Jock itch (Tinea cruris).
Thank you for your query.
Scrotal itching is likely due to fungal infection (Tinea) commonly called jock itch.
You can try the following to help clear up the infection
-Keep the area clean and dry
-Use mild soap and warm water
-Wear loose-fitting undergarments
-Apply over the counter Lotrimin antifungal ointment twice daily.
-You will need treatment for 12 to 14 days to completely clear the infection and resolve itching.
-If itching is too bothersome, take Cetirizine 10 mg at bed time.
Hope this answers your question.
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How get rid of dermatitis scrotum
- How to get rid of fluid in the scrotum
- How to get rid of chronic contact dermatitis scrotum
- How to get rid of clogged sebaceous glands on scrotum
- How to get rid of ingrown hair on scrotum
- How to rid of boils on scrotum
- How to get rid of a cyst on scrotum bag
- How to get rid of itching between scrotum and anus
- How to get rid of a wart or pimple on my scrotum
- How to cure persistent itch of scrotum