How do you get rid of dark spots from acne?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I have acne and dark spots and can’t control them
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for acne and spots

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

For acne I suggest you to use Adapalene 0.1 % gel. Use it every night as a thin film over the whole affected area. In addition I suggest you to apply Clindamycin 1% gel, twice daily - morning and afternoon.

Acne spots are a common complication of inflammatory acne. I suggest you to apply a Kojic acid 2% cream twice daily for the dark spots. Use it as a spot application.

These are prescription medications and treatment requires follow up visits. Hence I request you to kindly talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.