Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

How do i handle the issue of infertility?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 673 Questions
Hi Doctor, I got married 4 years back and no kids yet. I did my first semen analysis on 2010 and the results are as follow. Count-22 million Motility-50% Morphology-70% After that i had gone through the Fistula surgery(in year-2011) which i was suffering for last 5 years. After fistula surgery of 1 year i did Seman analysis again .Results are as follows. Count-18 million Motility-15% Morphology-60% Then i met the XXXXXXX in a good hospital in Bangalore.He suggested for Harmonal Test and ultrasound. Harmone level are good.But I was diagnosed with Mild varicocle and gone through surgery on 2013 may.From that time i was doing monthy seman analysis .In the recent reports (Did on january26) Count is 32 million motility-30%,Morphology-3% and DNA fragmentation index-56%(Fluctuating 5 to 8 % every month) again i did the Harmonal Tests but those are normal. I can see the improvement in count but not on the motility side and DFI. After surgery doctor was continuously prescribing Tamoxifen,Maxoza and Mixozen powder.Before surgey he told the issue will be cleared after varicocle correction, but now he is saying and shouting that problem might be in testis and might be from the childhood and he is saying that there is no possibilty of Natural pregnancy and go for IUI. I dont understand If the problem exist in testis by birth how can be the inital Semen analysis(done in 2010 as mentioned in the first) results are normal in the First test. And i seen the clear difference of sexual arousal before 5 years and now. Before 5 years i was very very strong and now i dont feel that much.seems something happend during last 5 years but dont know the reason what is that. Please let me know your advice on how to handle this issue of infertility.Whether to see any other good doctor or go for IUI.
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Semen varies from time to time. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. I can understand your concerns. First thing, sperm count is variable, it can vary from time to time in the same person. Second, your first report can be incorrect. Sper morphology can't reduce so drastically even with or without varicocele surgery. Third, there is not much difference (after taking normal variations into account) in all of your reports. Whatever report you are having right now is also compatible with natural pregnancy, albeit with a lower than normal chance. Now taking all facts into consideration, especially the one that you are married (& trying) for 5 years & with all possible medicines your count is little on lower side its time to act. Its better to go ahead with IUI to increase chance of pregnancy. Sexual arousal or performance is not related to sperm count. In fact azoospermic (zero sperm count) men do have perfectly normal sexual arousal. So, in conclusion my advice is to go ahead with IUI to improve chance of conception. Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor