Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

How do i get relief from joint pain with stiffness,nausea and abdominal pain ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 123 Questions
I am a 27 year old female. I was diagnosed with scheuermann's disease at the age of 19. Recently I have been suffering from increased joint pain, to the point of immobility. My doctor put me on Doxycycline and Mobic, along w/ testing me for multiple infectious diseases - nothing, all clear. Over the past year I've had increased joint pain (all over, not just in my back) and stiffness(worse in morning and in hands), frequent dizziness and nausea (sometimes made better by eating chocolate or sitting down if I have been standing or standing if I have been sitting) and I frequently run into things, frequent pain in the abdomen (sometimes resulting in constipation or diarrhea - recently the latter b/c of the antibiotics) and I was diagnosed w/ mild Endometriosis (taking long-term birth control w/ no periods as recommended by the doctor), memory loss (at times I forget simple things, but then remember them seconds later and I have huge gapes in my long-term memory recall) and just recently (last 3 days) I have had a tingling in my hands (stinging w/ cold water and burning as if on fire w/ hot water). In the past I had issues w/ chest pains (most likely due to chest inflammation from back disorder), however I have not had any in over 6 months (went to ER EKG normal). Please help.
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. S S Soni 10 hours later

Thanks for the query.

The present complaint seems to have nothing to do with scheuermann's disease. As you know scheuermann's disease is ostochondrosis of spinal vertebra of growing age, which generally lead to scoliosis/kyphoscoliosis, which in turn can cause lung disfunction i.e. barrel chest etc. It is not clear by your query if you have the symptoms of scheuermann's disease .

In other words, your symptoms needs evaluation. Tests to rule out autoimmune conditions may be needed. You may get below mentioned tests under guidance of your healthcare provider.
1. RA Factor
2. Anti-ANA antibodies
3. Anti-CCP antibodies
4. ESR & High sensitive CR Protein
5. Auto-immune profile

All these test can help to find out the exact reason for your symptoms.

Hope I have answered your questions. I'll be available for your follow up question.


Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor