Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

How do I treat white pus in the eye and sore eyes alongwith sensitivity to sunlight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 126 Questions
my eyes are really sore most days ,sunshine hurts,and there are fine flecks of white pus mostly in my left eye . having tried every product over the counter unsuccessfully,my only relief is to shut them.eventually i get a headache. i am 59yrs, 8st 7lb,5ft 2ins.I have been taking 50mg thyroxine per day for the last 10yrs.otherwise I am well. this has been happening for the last 9 yrs and now is ever present, my dc seems unable to make sense of it.
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

From symptoms I can think of two possible conditions:
1. Allergy
2. Infections

In this condition you will have some kind of irritation or itching around the eyes it will also be associated with other allergic symptoms like sneezing, running nose etc though not essentially required for the diagnosis

As you have this for a long period it doubt this as a possibility. But just to mention it could be iridocyclitis or uveitis too.

As I am not able to do an examination I cannot comment on the exact diagnosis of you condition.

Since you have these problem for a long time (9years) I suggest you to consult and Ophthalmologist for a complete eye examination, who after examining you will start on the required treatment.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor