Ask a Urologist   »  

How do I stop frequent urination?

Question
Urination is frequent & uncontrolled. Sudden urge, then urinate on way to bathroom. Never had this before today.
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Might be urinary tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being with healthcare magic!

Urinary urgency and urge incontinence are symptoms of urinary tract infection and bladder irritation.

I would recommend doing a urinalysis and ultrasound of the kidneys urinary bladder and prostate.

This would determine the cause of your symptoms and what treatment is needed for your urinary problem. in the meantime about caffeine and alcoholic beverage as this may aggravate your symptoms.