Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

How do I get rid of swollen glands in my neck?

Apr 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 6995 Questions
I have a swollen lymph node in my neck, right side. It got enlarged and it coincides with me falling and scraping my right cheek and slightly bruising my skull under the eye and mildly scraping the skin on my face (1.5/10 in pain). Even though the skin has scabbed over could this warrant an enlarged lymph node? It’s been enlarged for four days. It’s about an inch and a quarter. It’s not hard and doesn’t hurt. Could this be enough to enlarge the lymph node?
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is enlarged lymph node.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

You have enlarged lymph node. But it is of short duration. So it can be due to some reactive enlargement due to infection.

You should consult your doctor and need to take a course of antibiotic.

If it does not respond to antibiotic treatment then biopsy diagnosis is advisable.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor