How do I get rid of swollen glands in my neck?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2015
Apr 2015

Hematologist
Question
I have a swollen lymph node in my neck, right side. It got enlarged and it coincides with me falling and scraping my right cheek and slightly bruising my skull under the eye and mildly scraping the skin on my face (1.5/10 in pain). Even though the skin has scabbed over could this warrant an enlarged lymph node? It’s been enlarged for four days. It’s about an inch and a quarter. It’s not hard and doesn’t hurt. Could this be enough to enlarge the lymph node?
Wed, 13 Jun 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is enlarged lymph node.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

You have enlarged lymph node. But it is of short duration. So it can be due to some reactive enlargement due to infection.

You should consult your doctor and need to take a course of antibiotic.

If it does not respond to antibiotic treatment then biopsy diagnosis is advisable.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.