How concerned should I be that my hand remains swollen
shoulder..hand and shoulder the most painful...hand worse when trying to use and needing to bend arm. Should I be alarmed at this for permanent neurological and circulation damage?
Definitely cause for concern
I understand your concern. Yes, there is definitely a good reason to be concerned. There is obviously a malunion fracture, due to bones not being properly aligned. After a fracture, when the bones are not properly put in place, a large gap is created between them where new bone is formed, thus leading to angulation. This requires corrective surgery to realign the bones and improve the function.
The swelling, the change in color and the tremors point to circulation and nerve damage and are also a serious cause of concern. You need an x ray of the arm and hand and consult an orthopedic surgeon as soon as possible.
I hope this answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes weight gain while on Ontrintellix?
- Suggest treatment for loss of vision and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for metastatic melanoma
- What causes joint pain while on Requip?
- What causes redness and painful swelling in the eyes?
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for painful rash on the waist
- Does long term use of steroids affect a person's immune system?
- Suggest treatment for leg cramps and shortness of breath
- What do my creatine levels in blood indicate?