How can wheezing, cough and cold be treated in an elderly patient?
Require a short course of bronchodilator therapy
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
As per your symptoms, the possibility of Asthma like symptoms ( adult onset type ) is very high.
This requires bronchodilator therapy at the earliest.
Chest x ray would be a useful screening modality.
These Asthma like symptoms are secondary to the chest Infection /flue like which you are currently experiencing.
Consultation with an expert chest physician will be of great help in instituting oral/inhalatory bronchodilator therapy.
Are you satisfied with my consultation ?
Is there anything else left to be discussed?
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the remedy for frequent cold cough and wheezing
- Wheezing on inhale and dry cough
- Cold with wheezing cough
- Wheezing cough metallic taste
- Cough cold shortness of breath wheezing history of tb
- Infant having cold wheezing coughing what to do
- Wheezing cough at 34weeks
- Wheezing and cough
- Cough abdominal pain wheezing cold
- Wheezing cough during pregnancy
- Does excessive massage result in temporary nerve damage?
- What is the prognosis for CKD with eGFR of 52?
- Suggest treatment for sore lesions on the chin and buttocks, nausea and...
- What do ingestion, diarrhea and brain fog indicate despite following a...
- Can CFS and de Quervain tenosynovitis increase one's CK levels?
- What causes chronic vomiting after several surgeries around the uterus...
- What causes difficulty in sleeping in an elderly person?
- Suggest ways to lose weight in a healthy manner
- Suggest treatment for persistent sinus infection
- Suggest remedies for swelling and purple bruise around the finger nails