How can varicose vein symptoms be treated?
Most probable varicose veins - the commonest cause
Please give some additional information for me to assist you better:
Please post clear and focused photos as these help more.
Since when have you got this problem? The Varicose vein too?
As per the history you have provided, the problems of itching, redness and oedema look to be secondary to the varicose veins hence I would advise you the following in such a situation:
First of all get the confirmation of varicose veins and the sites of back-pressure leaks by ultrasound and colour Doppler to get a specific cause.
This enables to plan a proper treatment.
If this is due to varicose veins the local application of any lotion may not help and on the contrary may cause problems.
Consult your Doctor and get a referral to a Specialist.
Use stockings that compresses the veins.
Elevate the legs above the heart level (with support) when in laying down position to empty the veins and reduce the symptoms and may also help for the night cramps.
Leg cramps may be secondary to varicose veins.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr T Chandrakant, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of varicose veins?
- Broken varicose veins symptoms
- Symptoms of varicose vein
- Symptoms of bulged varicose vein
- Varicose veins in testicles symptoms
- Deep varicose veins symptoms
- Symptoms of chronic varicose veins
- Symptoms of varicose vein problems
- Symptoms of varicose vein disorders
- Varicose vein symptoms and causes