How can vaginal dryness be treated despite using moisturizers?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 8 Oct 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I tam 64 and have a really annoying dryness of the vagina. I have tried many moisturizers but none seem to work. What do I do to regain the vaginal wetness?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detail below.

Detailed Answer:

Vaginal dryness is a significant problem that affects about 50 per cent of women.

Generally, vaginal dryness is caused by lowered levels of estrogen, the hormone responsible for making fluids flow through the vaginal canal.

75 per cent of women may suffer from chronic dehydration. It is generally recommended that each person drink at least eight to 10 cups of water a day.

Chronic dehydration causes many health risks, and one of them is vaginal dryness.

Oil of Evening Primrose, this medicinal oil helps treat vaginal dryness. Take a few capsules in combination with flax seeds.

Or for maximum effect, you “Insert a punctured capsule into your vaginal cavity and let it absorb into your body overnight.”
Omega 3 is one of nature’s wonders, with numerous health benefits, including natural lubrication.

It can be taken in various supplement forms, one of the most powerful of which is krill oil.

Part of the problem with vaginal dryness is a hormone imbalance, so make sure to include food with phytoestrogens into your diet.

Phytoestrogen-rich foods include cherries, flax seeds, and other oil seeds.

High-grade extra virgin olive oil provides a lot of health benefits, and it can also sweeten your sex life in various ways.

It can be used for internal massages, to increase lubrication. Either you or your partner can try massaging a teaspoon inside your vagina, twice a day, for best results.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Rakhi Tayal, OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana