Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

How can ulcer with fatty liver be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 1658 Questions
i have recently been diagnosed with both a small ulcer along with fatty liver just wanted to know my options for pain relief I am due for my period and get bad cramps for the initial two days-
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Antispasmodic is a safe option.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for wuery dear patient.

You can take any antispasmodic.They relieves spasmodic contraction of smooth muscles so would help you with cramps without affecting your ulcers.You can also combine a muscle relaxant with it but unfortunately all antispasmodics are prescription medicines.So get a prescription for Dicyclomine 10 mg thrice daily.You can get it prescribed by your family doctor.
In case you can’t get it then take tylenol one tablet once a day with any antacid like omeprazole(both are OTC).

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor