How can toenail fungal infection be treated?
hell. thank you for writing to us
I am Dr. Kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the images.
You have got toe nail onychomycosis i.e fungal infection of nail.
Onychomycosis usually presents as yellow, discolored and thickened nail with subungual debris.
I suggest you to take a tab. terbinafine 250mg (zimig tab) once daily for 12 weeks.
Topically you may use amorolfine nail lacquer (Loceryl nail lacquer).
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to take them under supervision of your doctor.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of toenail fungal infection
- Treating toenail fungal infection
- Toenail fungal infection causes
- How to treat fungal infections
- Treatment and cure for toenail fungal infection
- Diagnosis of toenail fungal infection
- Drugs/medication for toenail fungal infection
- Black line on toenail fungal infection
- Fungal infection in toenail and miscarriage
- How is fungal infection on the penis treated
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body