question-icon

How can toenail fungal infection be treated?

Posted on Tue, 12 Sep 2017
Question: Hi doctor, i am attaching the photo of my toe.its very rough and uneven.and have got lines in between.so can you pls guide .i hope it doesnt break.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Onychomycosis

Detailed Answer:
hell. thank you for writing to us

I am Dr. Kakkar (dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have viewed the images.

You have got toe nail onychomycosis i.e fungal infection of nail.
Onychomycosis usually presents as yellow, discolored and thickened nail with subungual debris.
I suggest you to take a tab. terbinafine 250mg (zimig tab) once daily for 12 weeks.
Topically you may use amorolfine nail lacquer (Loceryl nail lacquer).
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to take them under supervision of your doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist