How can tightness in the chest, profuse sweating and lack of appetite be treated?

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Thank you. I am writing for my husband. He has had tightness in his chest here and there, and is not keeping food down every other day or so. The episodes are sometime accompanied with profuse sweating. He saw a doctor in January for these symptoms, and she did a complete physical and bloodwork. His heart, liver, bladder, thyroid and lungs all checked out--nothing out of range on the bloodwork but cholesterol, & and his risk ratio there was good--his iron was too low, so she gave him a supplement. She did determine he was deficient in zinc, and gave him some of this as well. 10 weeks in, his symptoms are much the same. Any ideas for next steps?

I am also wondering what I can give him today, that will help hydrate him. He cannot keep anything more than a sip of water at a time down, so it's tough to know what to do--we have broth and bananas, for when he is able to keep something down. Hoping there may be a home remedy. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Your Husband needs a cardiac Evaluation

Detailed Answer:

After going through the medical details of your husband I understand your concern for his health and I would like to tell you that as per your husband’s symptoms he needs a proper cardiac evaluation to rule out any cardiac disease underlying.

Kindly get the following basic tests done:

1. ECG

2. Echocardiography

3. Treadmill Test

and see a Cardiologist personally for a physical evaluation.

And if your husband is not taking anything, orally then do take him to the nearest emergency room at earliest possible.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana