How can tight foreskin be treated?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Men's Health
Question: am a 27yr old and have a tight foreskin,what should i do
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Circumcision is the best option

Detailed Answer:

I can understand your concern.If your skin cannot be retracted behind the glans of penis easily intervention is needed.This condition is called phimosis.

Treatment is there.

Non Surgical Approach:
Applications of steroid creams (like 0.05% betamethasone) have been used to manage phimosis medically. The usual regimen is application of the steroid cream once or twice daily for 4-6 weeks. Studies have shown a success rate of 50-87% with this treatment. Higher rates of success have been reported with concomitant preputial stretching exercises.

If a patient has concomitant balanitis (inflammation around foreskin), depending on the etiology, it may be treated with topical antibiotics or antifungals.

Surgical Method:
Circumcision is the surgical treatment of choice for correction of phimosis.It is day care procedure. It is done under local anesthesia. You can get back to all normal work in a week.

In my opinion considering your age you should go for circumcision.
However best judgement can be taken after proper physical examination only.

You need to consult general surgeon for the same.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.

Dr.Chintan Solanki.
Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 6 minutes later
can i buy betamethasone 0.05% cream without doctors prescription,please suggest some other cream also
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No it is steroid and must be used under doctor's supervision

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up.

Topical betamethasone can cause burning, itching, or stinging at the application site. First of all local physical examination is needed. After that if doctor feels that topical steroid can help then only it should be applied.
Any drug/steroid must be used with legal valid prescription only. If any side effect occurs by chance treating doctor can provide immediate help.

For a while you can use any clean oil or good moisturizer to which you are not allergic. You can apply on foreskin as well as push some amount beneath and gently try to retract daily. If you feel pain or discomfort please do not do the same. Within one month no significant improvement, surgery is the best option.

Hope this answers your query.
All the best.

Follow up: Dr. Chintan Solanki 5 minutes later
i want to meet you sir,pls give your clinic address and contact number also mention the timings sir
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I am from XXXXXXX you can consult general surgeon in XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking my details. I of course can give you my details but I am in XXXXXXX and your location is there in XXXXXXX I guess as per information from site.

You can find some names of general surgeons in XXXXXXX through below link. You can search also further according to area.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/General-Surgeons-in-Mumbai/L18863S16

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist