How Can Thyroid Nodules Be Treated Without Medication?
About thyroid nodules;
Thyroid nodules can not be treated with medications, but if any of the nodules is increased and has characteristics in ultrasound suggesting for malignancy, FNA( citology) is performed.
If FNA results positive for malignancy, surgery is performed. Otherwise there is no need for intervention as far as you do not have symptoms of compression of adjecent structures ( difficulty in breathing, swallowing).
So you do not need oral medications as long as thyroid hormones are normal (oral medications consist in normalizing hormonal level) but an ultrasound evaluation and probably FNA if any of the nodules is problematic in ultrasound, would be suggested.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Muscle twitching cramps thumb twitching excess saliva autoimmune thyroid
- Clinics in velachery for thyroid
- Ear wax thyroid
- Vyvanse and hashimoto thyroid
- Paracetamol overactive thyroid
- Cod liver oil for hyperthyroid
- Yeast infections hyperthyroid
- High esr related to thyroid
- Hyperinflated lungs thyroid
- Pain in lower neck is this related to my underactive thyroid