How can throatache be treated after choking on food?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Thu, 2 Aug 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: i swallowed some food last night and it became stuck in my throat. I eventually swallowed it, but my throat hurts and I think it is bruised because I bruise easily because of medicine I take. what can I do to treat my throat?
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral tablets of OMEPRAZOLE will be really helpful

Detailed Answer:
Hello Sir,

I have worked through your attached query in detail..

I can certainly understand how frustrating it might have been to you with these health-related issues.

As per your symptoms, the possibility of erosive pharyngitis secondary to the traumatic experience post retching/vomiting of regurgitated food

I generally prescribe a 5 to 7-day course of oral antacid medications of Pantoprazole and analgesics like Tramadol to my patients with similar presentation.

Please check with your physician if he shares my view and if can prescribe these medications to you.

Are you satisfied with my consultation?

Is there anything else left to be discussed?

Thank you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee