Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How can the pain,itching and red spots on penis be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 243 Questions
Hi Doc, there has been a month or more since i started seeing some red spots on the head of my penis, a little bit of itching sometimes but no other symptoms, but my girlfriend feels a very uncomfortable pain when i start putting my penis into her vagina. She was examined by gynecologist and had test papanikolaou and everything was normal . Does she needs any more examinations? Or test papanikolaou with the gynecolost examination is sufficient?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

The lesions you have make me suspicious of genital herpes in you caused by Virus called Herpes genitalis which is a communicable and is a sexually transmitted infection which could be the same in your partner too hence she has uncomfortable feeling during the intercourse.

The Pap test is basically for checking Cervical Cancer and not for infections like herpes.

If your girl friend has some creamy, smelly discharge from vagina, she has most probably VAGINITIS. If there are red spots inside her vagina, then most probably it is GENITAL HERPES or it can be due to bacteria which can be determined after a detailed per vaginal examination by a Gynecologist. Do consult for the same.

For the lesions you have , i would advice you to consult a Dermatologist and get treated with appropriate antivirals after confirming the fact that its Herpes.

But see to it that both of you are treated simultaneously. Otherwise you will pass on infection (cross-infection) to each other.

Hope i have answered your query completely , I would wait for your follow up if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor