How can the fracture of the tibia be healed along with ACL surgery?
Thank you for your query.
I appreciate the concern you have regarding your recent surgery. I certainly agree with your surgeons recommendations in this setting. You are young and healthy and the minor fracture created by the screw will heal through your body's natural bone healing process.
I am very confident that you will still obtain optimal ACL results even with a short delay in starting PT. It is best to assure good stability of the bone prior to challenging the flexibility of the new ACL. You are on the road to recovery - you just have a short detour to take before continuing on the route which PT will pave for you.
I hope this has been informative and reassuring for you and if you have followups I will be happy to answer them.
Dr. Robert Galamaga
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain killer for torn acl and fractured tibia
- Fractured tibia and fibula surgery
- How to heal fractured toe
- Tibia fracture cured how many weeks
- Tibia fracture surgery
- Torn acl and fractured tibia plateau
- How to heal a fractured rib
- Tibia bone fracture healing time
- Tibia fracture plate and screws how long
- How long to heal a fractured tibia