How can the 4th generation Elisa HIV test result showing 0.19 be interpreted?
I have done my 3rd generation elisa hiv antibody test at 3, 6 and 14th months after the exposure. But in internet it is been said that 4th generation test is more accurate so i have done the test at 18th period can you please interpret the result as it is showing the values as 0.19, i am very much worried. Please help me sir.
The result is negative.
After the period of 14 months any test would have the same accuracy and all can be considered conclusive. The test result for 4th generation HIV Duos test is negative in the attached photo and any value below one is considered as negative that is why it is not of much importance. Don't get worried or anxious as you are definitely safe and risk free from HIV. For any further query feel free to ask me again any time.
The value has not of much importance.
Any value below for 4th generation HIV Duos test is considered as negative and zero value will indicate invalid test that is why the number is there but don't think so much as it is not of much significance. Be relaxed, forget about the episode and live your life normally because you are not at risk of HIV.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
No further test is required.
Welcome back once again.
The test result is 100% conclusive and you need not to go for any further test for HIV. Calm down, close this chapter here and move ahead in life happily.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Sunil Jangid
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do persistent dry cough after unprotected sex suggest HIV infection?
- What does my HIV rapid test report indicate?
- What are the chances of contracting HIV after having unprotected sex?
- Is the HIV DUO 4th generation test conclusive at 32 days post exposure?
- Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?
- Can HIV spread by using the medical scissors and tweezers?
- Is it possible for HIV RNA test not to detect virus if the viral load is...
- What are the risks of HIV when in contact with dry blood?
- Are negative HIV RNA test and third generation antibody test within...
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?