Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How can tendon injury be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 1210 Questions
i just wrote to Dr. XXXXXXX Rynne but he never answered me back. I am not allowed to take any over the counter anti inflammatory pills. I have a very painful ankly and just had an MRI done where it was diagnosed as a flatfoot deformity with a partial tear of the posterior tibal tendon with a low grade medial malleolus stress fracture. I was told to have surgery. I am getting two more opinions. I was told turmeric powder would help with inflammation and pain. so i just put some in cooked rice. What other suggestions do you have . My primary doctor won't let me take meloxicam. my foot is killing me. thank you.
Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Plaster application and strict bed rest

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question on this platform.
I have gone through your medical history and symptoms.

If you have got a partial tendon injury and a medial malleolar stress fracture,the first thing that needs to be done is a plaster / splintage application.

This will help avoid unnecessary ankle movements and keep the ankle in functional position at rest,which in turn,will accelerate the healing process.This needs to be continued for a period of 3-4 weeks.

During this period,you should not bear weight on this affected leg or this will worsen the condition.You may use a crutch or a walker aid for ambulation.

Turmeric powder,cooked rice application are all temporary measures and won't help much.

You can take calcium,vitamin D and anti oxidant tablets which will help in faster healing.

You need to get the analgesic tablets prescribed from a doctor if they are not available over the counter at your place.

I hope the answer was useful to you.

Feel free to ask me any doubts that you may have about this answer.

Thank you.
Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor