How can tendon injury be treated?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i just wrote to Dr. XXXXXXX Rynne but he never answered me back. I am not allowed to take any over the counter anti inflammatory pills. I have a very painful ankly and just had an MRI done where it was diagnosed as a flatfoot deformity with a partial tear of the posterior tibal tendon with a low grade medial malleolus stress fracture. I was told to have surgery. I am getting two more opinions. I was told turmeric powder would help with inflammation and pain. so i just put some in cooked rice. What other suggestions do you have . My primary doctor won't let me take meloxicam. my foot is killing me. thank you.
Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Plaster application and strict bed rest

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question on this platform.
I have gone through your medical history and symptoms.

If you have got a partial tendon injury and a medial malleolar stress fracture,the first thing that needs to be done is a plaster / splintage application.

This will help avoid unnecessary ankle movements and keep the ankle in functional position at rest,which in turn,will accelerate the healing process.This needs to be continued for a period of 3-4 weeks.

During this period,you should not bear weight on this affected leg or this will worsen the condition.You may use a crutch or a walker aid for ambulation.

Turmeric powder,cooked rice application are all temporary measures and won't help much.

You can take calcium,vitamin D and anti oxidant tablets which will help in faster healing.

You need to get the analgesic tablets prescribed from a doctor if they are not available over the counter at your place.

I hope the answer was useful to you.

Feel free to ask me any doubts that you may have about this answer.

Thank you.
Best wishes.