How can symptoms of tenderness around one side of the face near the ear along with teeth sensitivity be managed?
three likely causes
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Based on your description, the likely causes are
Upper respiratory tract infection
All three can present the way you have described the case. If there is an associated vesicular rash slowly appearing on the affected side then herpes zoster is likely.
If the pain is sharp and debilitating then trigeminal neuralgia can be looked for clinically and history of local ENT procedures should also be taken.
Oral and ENT examination should be done to look for a possible infectious cause in the affinity.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
Localized lymphadenopathy does occur and is possible. A single node is unlikely to do so. However, a group of lymph nodes can produce the same effect.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Teething symptoms tilting head to side
- Symptoms of teething
- Sensitivity and distorted sound in one ear symptom
- Symptoms of blister on helix ear
- Hole in mouth ear symptoms
- Symptoms of pimples in outer ear
- Ear cotton stuck symptoms
- Is fullness in ear a symptom of bppv
- Ear infection symptoms numb face
- Symptom pounding in ears
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...