How can symptoms of Reclast injection be treated?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 17 Mar 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Dear Doctor:

I am having symptoms consistent with having Reclast injection for osteoarthritis. Included: nausea without vomiting, shaking of hands, sudden sweating, dizziness, tiredness, involuntary quivering—and just not feeling very well.

I have a call in to my doctor. While waiting interminably for his call back, I would appreciate it if you could give me some ideas about treatment. I have searched on line but to no avail.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptomatic treatment is done.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms that you have are common after such an injection. These symptoms may begin during the first 3 days after you receive a dose of Reclast injection and may last 3 to 14 days. Only symptomatic treatment is given according to the severity of the symptoms. Rest mild pain killers plenty of oral fluids and anti emetic can help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal