How can swelling in the ankles be treated in an elderly patient?
Probably related to weakened veins!
With this happening to one ankle only, it is caused by a local problem. Ths most likely cause is weakened veins that are unable to completely return blood to the heart lik ethey used to do before.
I will recommend that you raise your legs as often as possible when sitted. Also, reduced salt intake and compressive stocking would be of great help.
I hope this addresses your query fully and help. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ivo Ditah, Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat swelling
- How is a hypoglycemic patient treated
- How to treat a minor sprained ankle no swelling
- Hockey puck to the ankle how to treat
- How to treat pain and swelling in ankle
- How to treat swelling in ankle and lower leg
- How can swelling in foot near ankle be treated
- How can alzheimers in elder people be treated
- How to treat chronic anaemia in elderly
- How to treat a painful ankle
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?