• question-icon

How can stage-3 chronic kidney disease be treated?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Kidney Conditions
Question: My husband XXXXXXX has just been told he has Chronic Kidney #3 condition He is 90 yrs. old birthday 03/03/1927. How serious is this? XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consideration

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

This diagnosis of chronic kidney disease stage III is serious in that it needs to be followed carefully overtime. This does not necessarily mean he needs dialysis at all.

The nephrologist or kidney specialist will focus on making sure he is on heartworm medication to control his blood pressure and protect his kidney function.

chronic kidney disease can remain stable if followed carefully over time. this is not a diagnosis that indicate anything life-threatening at this time.

I would recommend that he attends the consultation with the kidney specialist as scheduled.

Thank you again for sending the question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist