How can spotting be treated despite being on Ipill?
MY LMP WAS ON 11 XXXXXXX 18, ON 20-21ST XXXXXXX WE were unsafe, but immediately on 22 morning taken ipill tab. but on 1st feb 18 i got felling like my period has come, when observed saw like spots of period. feel my period is not like regular period. it is only 40 - 50 % feel. will the period be like that only, dr. can you please suggest. how to get my period as regulr. is it anything to worry... please help me.....
Likely to be withdrawal bleeding due to the emergency contraceptive pill.
Though you had the unprotected intercourse during the fertile period of your cycle presuming you have a monthly period, you are amply protected as you consumed the emergency contraceptive pill within the stipulated time interval.
The spotting you are experiencing is likely to be due to the withdrawal effect observed after using emergency contraception.
Your next natural period is likely to be delayed by a week or two due to hormone disturbance created by the pill.
Please visit a specialist for further evaluation if you become overdue by ten days for your next natural period.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
madam is this my period for this month. next natural period means which date approx......
Next natural period should fall on the 11th of February.
Here are your answers:
1. This spotting is unlikely to be your natural period. It is more likely to be the withdrawal bleeding.
2. Your next natural period should fall on the 11th of February. This may get delayed due to the pill effect.
3. You have to see a doctor if you become overdue by ten days. There is no need now unless otherwise.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Shanti Vennam
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching nipples due to pregnancy despite taking ipill
- How to cure side effects of ipill
- How does ipill function
- What causes spotting after taking ipill
- Red spotting after ipill
- How to overcome side effects of ipill
- How to eat ipill
- How to overcome effects of ipill
- How does ipil work
- What is the possibility of pregnancy despite taking ipill
- Have had cesarean. What are the chances of cesarean for next pregnancy?
- Fetal heart rate 112-118 at 6 weeks pregnancy. Is this normal?
- Missing periods after mirena coil fitted. Should I be worried?
- Have PCOD. Advised gynaset. Looking for suggestion
- Pregnant. Started spotting, no cardiac activity seen. Taling fertigyn...
- Got delayed and prolonged period. What am I suffering from?
- Took postpone - 72 after unprotected sex. Started spotting. Side effect...
- Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?
- Took paxil for anxiety disorder. Had unprotected sex. Missing period and...
- How to postpone my period date?