How can soreness in the left foot be treated?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hi

I don't have diabetes, just rheumatoid arthritis, feet badly twisted, sore area on left foot (photo added) been for about a month, been seen by 2 podiatrists, 2 doctors, all say get wider shoes and see a podiatrist, keep protected! But can't get an urgent appointment. Painful to walk on.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain killers and steroids can help.

Detailed Answer:

The sore area on the foot and the twisted toes can be due to rheumatoid arthritis. In addition to pain killers and anti inflammatory medicines you need disease modifying agents for rheumatoid arthritis.
You need proper prescription by a rheumatologist for that. Till then a hot compress and epsom salt baths can help in reducing pain and disability. Using proper toe spacers will also help.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj