Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

How can soreness in the left foot be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10639 Questions

I don't have diabetes, just rheumatoid arthritis, feet badly twisted, sore area on left foot (photo added) been for about a month, been seen by 2 podiatrists, 2 doctors, all say get wider shoes and see a podiatrist, keep protected! But can't get an urgent appointment. Painful to walk on.
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pain killers and steroids can help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.

The sore area on the foot and the twisted toes can be due to rheumatoid arthritis. In addition to pain killers and anti inflammatory medicines you need disease modifying agents for rheumatoid arthritis.
You need proper prescription by a rheumatologist for that. Till then a hot compress and epsom salt baths can help in reducing pain and disability. Using proper toe spacers will also help.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor