Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

How can sore testicle due to injury be treated?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... My 14 year old son was kicked in the testicles today and his right testicle is third larger than his left testicle. And the right testicle is sore. He says it really hurts. Should I take him to the ER? I have him motrin for the pain.
Wed, 2 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 34 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

Considering a higher force of impact and also sore in right testicle, I would suggest you to take him to ER as there are probabilities of torsion of testis or any hemorrhage which would require a physical examination to decide on the treatment accordingly.

Testicles are sensitive organs, which are prone to severe pain and edema on any injury or infection.

Motrin would only help in reducing the pain irrespective of the cause. So, It would not be helpful in self medicating without knowing the exact cause of pain.

Hope this answers your query, In case of any further doubts I am available for follow up.

Wish your son a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor