How can sore spot on the buttocks be treated?
Hello and welcome,
Has the sore been cultured - i.e. a sterile swab done by a physician, and sent to a lab for culture and antibiotic sensitivity testing? That would provide the most accurate information of what is going on - what the infectious cause is, and how to treat it.
That would be my number one recommendation.
After you have had it cultured, while you wait, I recommend hot soaks or hot wet compresses several times per day. This will increase circulation to the area and also make the conditions less hospitable for bacteria to live there.
I also recommend you have a fasting blood sugar checked and A1C -these are blood tests to see how your sugar control is. Because if sugar control is not good, then it is hard for the body to heal wounds.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to treat pimples on the legs and buttocks
- Lumpy sore spots in buttocks
- How to treat blister on right buttock
- How to treat a buttock abrasion
- How to treat a sore throat with white spots
- How to get rid of sores on the buttocks
- How to treat a sore armpit
- How to remove black spots on buttocks
- How to treat worse wounds on buttocks
- Tear in buttocks bleeding sore how can i treat this
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis