How can skin issues on the hands and back due to impure water be managed?
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
Perhaps she has Pityriasis Rosea - manifests as round/oval, scaly patches on back, abdomen and arms.
It is a sort of hypersensitivity reaction to either viral infections, food allergens, certain medications etc.
I suggest her to use a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1 %cream, twice daily.
In addition to this she may take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain due to drinking cold water
- How to pull back skin on peins
- Small water blisters on the back of hands
- Thin skin on back of hands
- Lost of skin pigmentation on back of hands
- How can back pain due to injury be relieved
- Skin back of hand purple
- How to treat back pain due to muscle strain
- How to cure lower back pain due to an injury
- Sudden skin rashes on back of hands