How can shortness of breath be managed while having aortic stenosis?
Management of aortic stenosis.
Thank you for your query.
There are different treatment options available to treat the symptomatic aortic stenosis. The choice of treatment depends on the severity of stenosis and your general medical condition. The treatment options range from medical treatment (in case of mild stenosis) to balloon valvuloplasty and valve replacement (in severe aortic stenosis). Medical management is with diuretics (like enalapril), blood pressure control and statin therapy (to control cholesterol levels). Diuretics can help relieve shortness of breath in case of mild stenosis. However, more severe stenosis requires surgical intervention.
Please be advised to follow up with your cardiologist to assess the degree of valve stenosis and your general condition to decide upon the best treatment option for you.
Hope this answers your question.
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Night sweats aortic stenosis
- How to measure aortic stenosis
- Moderate aortic stenosis cure
- Effects of alcohol on aortic stenosis
- Treatment for moderate aortic stenosis
- Aortic stenosis shortness of breath waking up breathless
- Smoking marijuana aortic stenosis
- How to slow down or stop aortic stenosis
- Smoking pot while hving aortic stenosis
- Does aortic stenosis cause fatiguechest pains and shortness of breath